When / Where
Thursday, Oct. 10 @ 12:00pm PT / 3:00pm ET
About this event
Join us for a lively, online community discussion and Q&A with government-focused UX practitioners. Bring your questions and come prepared to learn and share with others!
You’ll get practical advice from UX leaders on how to find and engage users to build services that work for everyone. Discussion will include:
- What is User Experience (UX) and how is it different in government?
- How can we build a culture in government that recognizes the value of experimental activities like user research?
- How can we work through government-specific constraints to communicating with real end users (i.e. PRA)?
- What are some things we can do right now to start incorporating real users into government programs and projects?
- From a requirements perspective, what is the risk of NOT having UX in a project?
- Christy Hermansen | Design Lead, Integrated Award Environment at GSA
- Jim Lane | UX Executive and NoVA Meetup Founder
- Brenda Velasquez | UX Researcher, City of Oakland
- Rachel Kroft | Service Designer and User Researcher, CivicActions