In case you missed the last All-Members call on Jan. 23, 2020, the call featured an interview with Brent Maravilla, acquisition strategist for U.S. Digital Service. Brent spent more than 12 years working on procurement in the federal government. Currently, he is a procurement strategist with Rebellion Defense.
Listen to the 38-minute audio recording below. Not to miss points:
- His changing mindset between past and future
- Changing the process
- Hacking the process
- No one is showing up—taking ownership of the process and outcomes
- Finding mentors and dealing with impostor syndrome
- Being brave and taking risks
- Forward-thinking: can federal procurement be considered a product with users?
[Thank you to AGLer Alexa Tsui for the excellent analysis and write up of Brent’s interview]