Are you passionate about transforming government? Would you like to build free and open source tools that enable teams to more easily build and operate secure and compliant services for agency deployment?
CivicActions is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Security/Compliance Engineer to join our growing (security minded) SRE and DevSecOps team. We are a service and user-oriented group, focused on engineering robust software delivery infrastructure, automation, processes, and teams. The things we build will play an integral role in developing and supporting digital services for federal and state government agencies to help them serve the public better.
CivicActions is a dedicated, fun-loving team, looking for some talented folks to help us bring revolutionary digital services to government agencies and the people they serve.
– Gather evidence, artifacts and applicable controls to produce a System Security Plan (SSP) and/or other compliance docs as needed by our client agencies
– Direct the automation of system compliance and authorization for client services (to make your job easier!)
– Train developers, operations and clients in the use and benefits of automated compliance
– Help define and validate a more complete CI/CD pipeline with security baked in
– Write great code and documentation
– Shape systems and outcomes related to our development process and product experience
– Excellent technical writing and communication skills
– Experience managing compliance for GNU/Linux and cloud environments
– Understanding of security principles such as server hardening and least privilege
– Continuous monitoring concepts and alerts management
– Security certification is a plus (e.g., Security+, CCSP, CISSP, …)
– Willingness and ability to work remotely (e.g., fast and stable net connection, …)
– Experience with pentesting/scanning tools (e.g., CodeClimate, OpenSCAP, ZAP…)
Sound good so far? Great, keep reading!
CivicActions is a mission-minded company focused on transforming government through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams where communication is open and honest. We encourage and support a balanced lifestyle for each of our team members.
Our team is almost entirely distributed (remote) across the US and Canada. For this position, you can normally work from home or find a great co-working space, although occasional on-site visits and working sessions with clients in Sacramento will be necessary. You will need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and the ability to keep a Monday to Friday schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally, your timezone will be within the continental United States.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position as will be a security clearance once you join. Occasional travel to client work sites will also be required.
To apply for this job please visit civicactions.applytojob.com.