Website City of Austin
Who We are
Our team acts as a central technology unit working to improve a wide range of IT services at the City of Austin Transportation Department. We administer critical IT systems, engineer open transportation data, and geek over maps and open-source projects.
What You’ll Do
- Create maps in print on and the web
- Architect and administer geospatial databases
- Conduct geospatial analysis using desktop and web-based tools
- Implement data automation workflows using scripting languages and ETL tools
- Establish operating procedures, map standards, and quality control checks
- Author technical documentation and training materials
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with colleagues and customers
- Be a leader and core-contributor on a team of IT professionals working to implement innovative technology solutions
Regarding your Application:
A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Please list your complete employment history (to include all job duties responsibilities and employment dates) on your online application. The application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered (e.g., “see resume” or “see Linked In Profile”). Resumes will not be used to qualify for the position and will not be used to recommend salary.
To apply for this job please visit www.austincityjobs.org.