CivicActions is seeking a qualified Agile Project Manager. The PM works with the Scrum team, running Scrum calls, sprint planning, resource allocation, budgeting, planning, reporting, and many of the traditional PM tasks. The PM is also highly engaged with the client by training them on Scrum, including them in the process, and ensuring they are receiving full communication. Projects will range from 2-10 team members on schedules of 2 months to 2 years.
- Plan and manage the scope, budget, and timeline.
- Help the Scrum team stay on the roadmap, remove obstacles, manage expectations, and assist with prioritization of the team’s work.
- Identify and communicate risks, client communications, and coach teams to resolve conflict.
- Maintain the backlog along with the PO, provide project reporting and documentation as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint demos, and retrospective ceremonies with the Scrum team.
- Maintain transparency on project status, risks, and communications.
- Contract review, requirements gathering, case study writing, end-user documentation, client trainings.
- Quality Assurance: write simple Selenium tests and do first pass at QA along with QA support during launch.
- Act as the client liaison for the Scrum team.
- Continuously measure and optimize workflow and communication processes.
- Nurture client relationships and identify future opportunities.
- Be a teacher of and advocate for the Agile and Scrum methodology.
- Travel: There are annual company retreats along with project onsites. Estimated travel is 2-4 weeks per year.
- Be a great PM: Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), admirable organizational skills, and leadership qualities. People love working with you, you effectively build consensus, you have emotional intelligence, you bring out the best in others, you are a great planner but can also adapt to change. You know when to intervene and when to let it play out, and you know what really is a priority. You are excellent at managing your time and can coach others on this skill. You demonstrate warmth, personality, directness, vulnerability, and care.
- Agile trained with at least 2 years experience managing Agile projects
- Experience with mid to large scale projects
- Certified ScrumMaster
- PMP certification
- Coach/mentoring skills
- Experience with government and NGO clients
- Proficient with the tools we use: Jira, Trello, Selenium, Google Drive, Google hangouts, Slack
Why Choose CivicActions?
We believe the way we do business is as important as the product we create. We communicate openly, operate consciously and acknowledge and correct our failures when they happen. We have adapted the agile software development methodology into our business operations and have created a robust and agile infrastructure to grow the company.
We’re a positive, open-minded team that values diversity, flexibility, cultivating a healthy work/life balance, and supporting one another. At CivicActions, you get more than just a job – you join a team of people who are committed to your success. We’re looking for people who think this sounds like a dream job.
If you are interested please send us your resume and portfolio. Let us know what you do now and what you would like to do in the near future. We’re excited to hear from you.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.civicactions.com/careers/project-manager-scrummaster →