Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking driven, curious, and quick-learning engineers to join our team. We are looking for engineers leveled 2-5 as match our leveling guide, to handle the ambiguity we regularly face. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Great communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing
- A thoughtful, process-oriented approach to development and engineering, such as debugging or object oriented design, and agile software development
- Have held at least one engineering position post-education
- Experience deploying at least one application that other people use
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility, focused on solving key problems, not the tools
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Rails, Django, jQuery, Flask, etc.
- Initiative with a bias for action
In this position you will:
- Deliver timely, high quality solutions to specific engineering problems
- Create automated tests or be willing to learn to do so
- Mentor and cross-train with other engineers via design discussions and code reviews
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Make & drive technical decisions to completion
- Evaluate and select tools to meet project needs without creating unnecessary technical debt
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.