Leaders from federal and local agencies will participate in an online panel discussion, “Practical Advice for Government Transformation,” hosted by Agile Government Leadership.
When: 2/20/18 @ 12pPT / 3pET
Where: Online – register for event link
Panelists include Ann Dunkin (County of Santa Clara), Rob Klopp (formerly SSA), Brent Maravilla (USDS), and Mike Palmer (DHS Digital Service). They will share lessons learned and practical tips based on their experiences with landmark government modernization efforts.
Topics will include:
- Guide people away from “how it’s always been” into new agile roles
- Deal proactively with bureaucracy at the agency / division level
- Be the best contractor you can be to support modernization
- Give Product Owners the authority to make decisions
- Help managers shift from “command and control” to servant leadership
- Iterate on modernization efforts without fear of failure
The event is part of AGL Live, a monthly series of online discussions covering topics in agile and government transformation. Community participation and audience questions are encouraged.