In the latest AGL Live panel discussion, leaders in civic innovation and large-scale modernization efforts discussed how government can learn to fail smarter and pivot quickly for better outcomes. The event was moderated by AGL member Alexa Tsui.
- Vicky Niblett, GSA
- Karen Bruns, Monarch Agile Solutions
- Grace Simrall, Louisville Metro Government
- Rob Klopp, formerly SSA
Resources / tips mentioned in the discussion:
- FunRetro: free online tool to help teams identify what went well and what could be better
- Jenkins, SonarQube, and other continuous integration tools for automated unit and acceptance testing to improve code quality
- Roadmap and instructions for a “Culture Day” to help your organization build agility and collaboration
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies worksheet to support the activities above
Culture Day exercises and materials courtesy of Karen Bruns of Monarch Agile Solutions. Thank you!
“The only time it’s NOT okay to fail is when you don’t learn anything from it.”
– Karen Bruns, Agile Coach